- If you have a problem with your computer, you should restart your Chromebook because it will keep your system running smoothly.
- Sometimes, pressing the power button to turn it off and then on the Chromebook will solve the problem.
- Sometimes you may need to perform a hard reset or a factory reset to fix your Chromebook.
Typically, you must restart your computer to resolve the issue and return it to normal operation.
But on a Chromebook, it’s not always easy to do this.
If you press and hold the power button on your Chromebook, you can log off or turn off your computer. Sometimes turning the computer off and then on again can solve the problem.
But other times, you might need to reboot your system more fully. Here’s how to do it
How to restart your Chromebook
You can also try a hard reset, which affects your computer’s hardware, not the software (the software that stores the data), and may solve any problems you may have. Here’s how to complete this step:
1. Turn off your Chromebook by pressing one of the power buttons or by clicking the menu in the lower right corner and selecting the power icon.
2. Press and hold the “Refresh” button (located directly above the 3 and 4 keys), then click the power button.
3. When you see your Chromebook restarting, release the refresh button.
Keep in mind that depending on the type of Chromebook you have, there may be different requirements for performing a hard reset of your computer, although the above steps apply to most Chromebooks.
If you still can’t solve the problem, you can reset your Chromebook to factory settings, which will cause it to run again. Just make sure to back up your computer before backing up.